Thursday, February 23, 2006

Ilha do Mel


Hi all,
We are having a fabulous time in IHla do Mel (Honey Island) http://www.ilha-do-mel.com/ it is a natural preserve to protect the wildlife here, and just georgeous. We are staying in an air conditioned (very important) room ON the beach for $30 US p/n. International travelers from all over, very friendly and helpful.... no muggers with knifes, and we are finally relaxing...

. We went on a dolphin boat trip and got about 50 ft from about 50 of them, they are really fast... got lots of pics of the water just after the fins dissapeared.
I succeeded in not getting sunburned which is an amazing feat every day, it´s hot and sultry and really fun. We are going to Florianapolis for Carnival either tomorrow or the day after and then on to the falls and to fart around in Argentina (because it~s so close) I think I~m going to extend my trip and be back on Sunday the 5th? 6th?

Anyway email seems to work well, if you need to communicate with me, we are finding cyber cafes even in a tropical jungle! Should have seen the hike we had to do to get here (almost needed a machete... then bingo internet, who would have thought it).

hugs
Karen

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, so you are having WAY too much fun. :P
Sounds like the island paradise for me!!! You know I could easily fit in a suitcase. lol
Sorry to hear about the night on the beach. I'm surprised you din't jumpe them instead! hehehe
Be safe and come home to us mere mortals soon.
Pet~

3:47 PM  
Blogger Dragion said...

Yes, it should be illegal to have as much fun as we~ve been having. The learning curve has been steep. But hindsight is always 20/20, and now we wonder how we were so dumb.
Hmmm think I have a little room on the end of my duffle bag next to my bikini.... hop in!

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home